Faqs / Rules / Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Batoto?
Bato.to is an online comic sharing platform for all languages, made by comic fans for comic fans and gives active uploaders/groups complete control over their contents. Everyone is welcomed here as long as they follow the rules.
(Note: it's not a resurrection of the old site. It's more of an enthusiast's attempt at keeping the site alive)
- Does Batoto make any profit?
No, Batoto does not earn any profit.
- How does Batoto afford operating costs?
For now, it comes straight out of Website Owner's pocket.
- Do I get paid if I upload something here?
No, anyone who uploads here does it without any economic gain and purely out of wanting to share those comics to others in a hassle free way.
- How do I download a comic here?
Batoto doesn’t offer a download option. You will have to go elsewhere for that. The website of the scanlation group that works on the comic is a good place to start. You can usually find a link on the group's page on Batoto. You can also check out the publisher's site if a digital copy is up for sale in your region.
- Is there a Dark Mode?
Yes, you can turn it on in settings.
- Can I view the the main page/latest releases only in a specific language? & Can I block certain comic genres?
Yes, there are options for filtering languages and blocking comic genres available in settings.
(Remember to save settings. If the settings doesn’t work, clear your browser cookies and try setting them again)
- Can I edit/delete a comment that I've made using the "discuss" comment system?
Yes, click the Edit/Delete button besides your comment.
(To find all your comments, go to your profile/marker page > Posts > Permalink of a specific comment)
- How do I add a new comic/new group to Batoto?
Through publisher window, http://publish.bato.to/.
- Is there a Bookmark feature?
Batoto has a My Favorite system that provides similar functionality as a Bookmarks feature. You can access your favorites here: Latest Updates.
- How to delete my account on Batoto?
Go to My Account Settings and click deletion or use this link : http://id.bato.to/manager/deletion.
- What do the different title colors mean?
Blue = Normal
Red = Popular
Green = Newly added
- Are Bato.to and Batoto scans related?
No, they aren't.
Bato.to is a platform where ANY comic fan can upload content for their fellow comic fans. The "content" includes scanlations as well as official comics. On the other hand, Batoto scans are a scanlation group (like any other) who translate raw/original content into english and share it with other comic fans. To put it simply, Bato.to is a site, and Batoto scans are a group of people who scanlate using the site's name as their own.
Comment Section Rules
- Don't advertise
You can link to a site or product if it is relevant to the conversation, but do not create an account or post for the purpose of promoting a particular product, service, website, etc., whether paid or unpaid. Links to publishers site's, scanlator's sites, and MangaDex are perfectly acceptable.
- Don't spam
This can be any action that is designed to draw undue attention.
(a) making the same or substantially the same post repeatedly
(b) cluttering with memes/gifs/images
(c) trolling i.e. being disruptive or not being aimed at having a genuine discussion
- Don't flame/troll/fight/harass other members
Unacceptable forms of conduct include, but are not limited to, intentionally posting false arguments, intentionally misquoting other users, name-calling, posting flames/personal attacks, annoying others, or disrupting a discussion.
- Don't impersonate a staff member or user
This includes deliberately choosing a confusingly similar username, avatar or any combination of the these with the intent or goal of passing off oneself as another member or a staff member.
- If posting plot details, please use < spoiler > tag. Don't forget to mention "Spoiler Warning" before discussing the story - and before the spoiler tags.
Note: In all cases, Staff reserves the right to interpret the rules as they see fit.
report a comment using its permalink on #reports in our Discord server
Comic Hosting Guidelines and Policies
Please keep in mind: These are the current stances and policies. They are not carved in stone. So if we see the need to revise one of them, we will.
- Comics or comic-related content i.e. comic/manga/manhwa/manhua/doujinshi/webcomics/imageset/arts are allowed.
- Content with Fake/Spam/Troll/Fraud/Phishing/Child pornography/Discrimination/Terrorism/Intimidate/Advertising Or any other behaviors that will cause public disgust or discomfort is not allowed.
- Don't vandalize our comic database. Our comic database consists of all metadata about comics, such as the categorization of comics, comic titles, author/artist information, and genre information. Our system is a wiki-like system and any user may edit it. Do not intentionally add incorrect/inaccurate information, remove information that is correct/accurate or change it to something you know to be incorrect/inaccurate. We take this very seriously and may permaban on the first offense.
- Don't steal others' releases. Do not upload material with inaccurate credits. Particularly, do not claim that you worked on a project when you have not.
- Do not add duplicate entries. Search for multiple alternate titles before adding a series. We do not consider something a duplicate upload if either the group and/or the language are different.
- Only partially uploading releases for any reason (including the intention to lure users to your site for the other chapters) is not allowed. Don't upload just a few chapters if the series already has an active uploader, it will just result in cluttering of the site.
- You have complete control authority for the comic ID you added, and you can set it to only allow yourself or
specified users to modify/upload it.
- For the comic ID that was not added by you, you can modify and upload it as long as there is no restriction by the
creator. Or contact the creator and ask for permission. Currently, the creator can only be contacted through Discord or comment section of the series.
**We will develop a private messaging system on the site as soon as possible to help you contact the creator of the comic ID.
For comic IDs without creator, if you need control permissions, you can join our Discord Server and ask for help in #support channel.
- Please append (Official) in the title of the comic if it's an official translation and there also exists a scanlated release for it.
- The existence of an official translation has no relevance to the rules for uploading scanlated releases.
- Comics available entirely for free on platforms such as (but not limited to) webtoons are not allowed.(Exception: with author's permission)
- For More Detailed instructions on chapter uploading, see Chapter Uploading Guide.
Scanlation Group Policies
- We strongly recommend that you obtain permissions from the scanlation group before uploading fan scans.
- Any scanlated series is allowed to be uploaded, unless the series's scanlation group has enabled upload restrictions.
- Upload under the group "Unknown" if it is not possible to determine which group is responsible for the release.
- If the scanlator does not wish to create a group, upload under "no group" name.
- Batoto won't interfere with conflict among different groups, they will have to resolve those on their own.
Content Removal Request
- The Moderators won't actively modify/remove the contents uploaded by users within the scope allowed by the rules.
- We will process content removal requests in case the data center asks us to delete specific contents.
Just to be clear on this: The rules are established and enforced to protect our readers, the scanlators as well as Batoto's continued existence.
Join our discord server for more questions.